With Intel’s 7th generation Kaby Lake processors making their way into the market, announcements of motherboards have been following suite, with all the main suppliers launching and array of new boards. Today’s news comes courtesy of MSi, who have announced yet another motherboard that is being added to their Z270 range. The “Z270 Gaming Plus” motherboard follows the MSi branding colours of black and red, with inspiration coming from the “flow of lava”, with LED’s placed around key components such as the PCI-E slots. Support for DDR4 3800MHz (OC) is available for those who have adopted the new Kaby Lake processors, with a max of 3600MHz (OC) for those still running the previous generation Intel processors. While there are some websites with pre-orders being taken, we have only been able to find a retail price of $129.00, which is quite reasonable, although we would have liked to have seen SLI support as well. Below is the list of features, along with the official press release.
- Supports 7th / 6th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4-3866+(OC) Memory
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- GAMING LAN, powered by Intel® : The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution in high quality components for best protection and efficiency
- MULTI-GPU: With Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports AMD Crossfire™
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
MSi Z270 Gaming Plus Press Release
MSI, world leading in gaming hardware innovation, is proud to announce a brand new GAMING motherboard, the Z270 GAMING PLUS. Adding red and black design to the Performance GAMING Series, GAMING PLUS is built with the key pillars creativity and personality in mind. Inspired from the colors and flow of lava, design touches can be found when looking at the unique motherboard printing highlights to complement the red and black heatsink design. To finish the design off, the PCI-E and Memory slots are also designed in red, and four corner red LEDs are added to emphasize you are dealing with a true MSI GAMING motherboard.
GAME IN STYLE
The MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING motherboards are packed with performance and personalization tools. With a sublime design and unlimited customization options, these GAMING motherboards let you game in style.
EXCEPTIONAL BY DESIGN:
Z270 GAMING PLUS
The Z270 GAMING PLUS motherboard is uses Military Class components and is built to last, making sure any gaming system performs perfectly for long gaming sessions at top performance. With a long list of specs and many gaming features, such as Turbo M.2, GAMING LAN and Audio Boost, the Z270 GAMING PLUS is a solid gaming companion that you can depend on.
MSI Z270 GAMING PLUS
– GAMING FEATURES
To deliver the best online gaming experience with low latency, the Z270 GAMING PLUS features MSI GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel®. Using the power of Intel®, combined with MSI GAMING LAN Manager, its LAN solution automatically classifies and prioritizes the latency-sensitive applications for online games to reduce lag.
MSI Audio Boost delivers the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality audio components. This lets you enjoy breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
By fully isolating the memory circuitry, DDR4 Boost ensures maximum performance and stability. The technical enhancements of DDR4 Boost allow for more stability at higher memory speeds compared to other brands. Enjoy the additional boost in gaming performance or when working with large video and photography files. Enable Intel® Extreme Memory Profile with ease using a single option in the BIOS to gain performance and create a perfectly stable system.
Enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely quick loading of applications and games with MSI motherboards. Turbo M.2 delivers PCI-E Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s for the latest SSDs. It also supports the all-new Intel® Optane™ technology. M.2 GENIE makes setting up RAID easy by taking less steps, using any M.2 or PCI-E SSD (even when used in a mixed configuration).